Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...  Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newer member beginner species (Read 5432 times)
Justin Woody

Newer member beginner species
May 31st, 2019 at 3:33pm

I became a member late last year when it was too late to get a beginner species shipped. Is it too late now that I'm not a new member signing up to take advantage of the beginner deal?

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: Newer member beginner species
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2019 at 9:07pm

Justin,

There are several of us who provide beginner's species.  Living in Minnesota my shipping window is generally May 1 thru November 1 somewhat timed on weather. 

This being stated, if we have fish available, we will send them to anyone.  Contact the cmte_beginner@aka.org and one of us will respond.  To see what fish are available, go to the homepage, in the upper left, click on the "Available Beginner's Species" link to see what fish are available.  Being we are all volunteer breeders the inventory changes greatly as time moves forward.

If we receive anyone's email of inquiry, we will do whatever possible to assist you.

I hope this helps,

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Medric J. Magann
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2019 at 3:02pm

I got my beginner fish in early October of this year. Montana had a freak cold snap but it stayed above 32 at night. Got my Fundulopanchax gardneri Rayfield from Sarah Walker. I love these fish. My first Killies since 2002. They are so pretty. It is an absolute wonder that a freshwater fish could be so brilliantly colored. I'm having a ball learning about them and feeding them and watching them.

IP Logged

Justin Woody

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 4:25pm

Excellent news Medric! Glad to see they survived the trip from sunny AZ to Montana.

IP Logged

Medric J. Magann
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 3:10pm

Thank you Justin. Unfortunately the female succumbed to Sudden Unexplained Fish Death on October 19th. This to my very great horror and bewilderment. But, Sarah Walker and her cavalry rode over the hill to my rescue. She sent me two more pairs of the gardneri and one pair of Pachypanchax playfairii on October 24th. They arrived healthy, well and alive. They are eating well and adapting to their new digs quite well. I'm really happy about that. It would have been a long dull winter with only one male gardneri to look at.

IP Logged

James Atkinson
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 11:49pm

Hello every one i am new to the group this month; and i was wondering where do i sign up to get some beginner Killifish?
i am located in Chicago,Il

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 4:55pm

James,

Join the Auction Site, once joined there are numerous beginner's and advanced killi species available.  I will be posting both chocolate and gold australes and gardneri innedere "gold" very soon.  Many other beginner's species have been available striatum is a great choice and there are many others, too many to list.

I hope this Helps,

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

James Atkinson
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 12:01am

Thank you!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print