Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Our online Killifish Auction is now available to the public...
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New member introduction (Read 1329 times)
Wayne Westfall
YaBB Newbies

New member introduction
Jan 1st, 2023 at 10:00am

Hi killifish enthusiasts,
I'm Wayne and I bought my first killifish the Epiplatys annulatus (clown killifish) because the LFS recommended them for my planted nano tank. Upon further research I just fell in love with killifish and started to dive in for more information. In the past I had marine tanks, but had to let them go once I became a new dad. Now the my son is able to enjoy the hobby with me i started anew.

I'm excited to learn everything I can about these amazing species, rear them, and hopefully save them from our destruction through fellow hobbyists.

Still learning where I can get more through breeders, starting new tanks with HMF filters, and happy new year!

IP Logged

Andy Jameson
YaBB Administrator

Re: New member introduction
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2023 at 8:31pm

Welcome, Wayne.

IP Logged

Tyrone Genade
YaBB Administrator

TN
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2023 at 11:52am

Welcome Wayne,

If there are no other fish in your planted tank except the annulatus you will soon start to see fry.

Most will likely not make it but if you watch carefully at the water surface, where the plants meet the surface, you will be able to remove the fry and rear them separately.

I had a lot of success rearing them 10 fry to a large tub with some java moss. After a week they would be able to take brine shrimps but they will also take powdered foods .

Good luck!

IP Logged

Morgun Werling
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2023 at 6:54pm

Welcome from one newbie to another.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print