Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Enjoy vour visit to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...

To be able to post in our FORUMs, you must be an AKA member... Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to AKA and keeping Killies (Read 2518 times)
Deborah Nicol
Ex Member

New to AKA and keeping Killies
Mar 26th, 2021 at 5:14pm

Hi all -

Nice to be here! I was the lucky winner of a 1 year membership through our fish club when we had Art Leuterman give a talk earlier this month and look forward to learning even more about these lovely fish.

I've kept various tropical species over the last 40 years but have never kept killifish. I have always been interested in them and consider this a sign that it is time to start keeping some in my tanks.

I'll be looking for some beginner species when we get into shipping weather so please keep me in mind and feel free to offer any beginner advice!

Deb

IP Logged

Russell Feilzer

Re: New to AKA and keeping Killies
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2021 at 8:17pm

Welcome to the AKA.  I'm sure someone will help you with some fish when you are ready.  What part of the country are you in?

IP Logged

Tyrone Genade
YaBB Administrator

TN
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2021 at 9:02am

Hello Deborah,

There is a free pair of killies available to new members. Contact Bob Meyer or Sarah Walker to see what is available. I have pairs of Fundulopanchax scheeli and/or Rivulus cylindraceus Al Castro available for the cost of shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Bye

IP Logged

Deborah Nicol
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2021 at 12:33pm

Thank you for the welcome!

To answer Russell's question, I'm just north of Seattle in W. Washington.

And thank you Tyrone for the info, I'll check with both of them and shoot you a PM.

IP Logged

Medric J. Magann
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2021 at 5:55pm

A common killifish available in almost every pet shop is the Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder. They lay eggs in abundance constantly, are hardy and easy to keep. They are a great choice to learn killifish basics with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print