Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...  Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Killifish conservation committee (Read 3462 times)
Justin Woody

Killifish conservation committee
Jan 21st, 2020 at 12:18pm

I can't find any information about the KCC on the website. I was interested in what species were going and I have been talking to Edd about working with Epiplatys Huberi. Am I missing it or is there a section for information on the Killifish Conservation committee?

Thanks,
Justin

IP Logged

Kris Haggblom
BOT_Viewonly

Re: Killifish conservation committee
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 3:15pm

the KCC reports are usually in the BNL - though I didn't see one in the January issue. You might contact Charlie Nunziata (the KCC chair) at: cmte_conserv@aka.org

IP Logged

Justin Woody

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2020 at 11:37am

Thank you!

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 12:55am

Justin,

This is a good suggestion and I've thought about this for a long time.  I'll need some materials to create a KCC (Killifish Conservation Committee) website section.  I'll ask for material from the KCC (Killifish Conservation Committee) Chairman.  I'll also seek board approval to determine if the material goes public or member's only.  I think I can get some basic stats and species list for start. If KCC material is to be on the public site, we'll only use AKA number's for member identification (preserve privacy) with the registered species lists.

Other clubs BKA for example everything is private.  We'll see what we can do here...  again very good suggestion!

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Justin Woody

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2020 at 10:03am

Thanks Jim. Yea, I just think it would be really interesting to see what is on the list and also maybe if it's private who is currently keeping them. That way we could reach out to member raising species.

IP Logged

Justin Woody

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2020 at 6:40pm

James Langan wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 12:55am:
Justin,

This is a good suggestion and I've thought about this for a long time.  I'll need some materials to create a KCC (Killifish Conservation Committee) website section.  I'll ask for material from the KCC (Killifish Conservation Committee) Chairman.  I'll also seek board approval to determine if the material goes public or member's only.  I think I can get some basic stats and species list for start. If KCC material is to be on the public site, we'll only use AKA number's for member identification (preserve privacy) with the registered species lists.

Other clubs BKA for example everything is private.  We'll see what we can do here...  again very good suggestion!

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

Jim just a heads up the link on the KCC part of the website doesn't link to anything. It's the link after Charlie's name at the very bottom of this page https://www.aka.org/aka-programs/kcc/
Thanks for all that you do!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print