Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Our online Killifish Auction is now available to the public...
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Available. Procatopus similis "muyuka" (Read 3113 times)
Bill Vannerson

Minneola, FL & Elkhorn, WI
Available. Procatopus similis "muyuka"
Apr 26th, 2022 at 10:59am

I have a colony of 10 wild caught similis that I need to re-home.  They are under a year old and range from 1 1/2 - 2 inches.  They live in a community tank and have never been bred.

I am a snow bird and am breaking down my tank and need to ship during the first two weeks in May. Cost would be $100 for the group plus shipping, and I will not break up as I need to close off the tank!  Besides they look.do better as a school.

I also have some cichlids looking for a new home 6 adult Neolamprologus leleupi, a reverse trio of Lamprologus ocellatus gold (bred once but lost fry in community tank), and 8 adult Julidichromus transcriptus Gombi.  Two of the gombi just bred as I discovered about 6-7 1/4"-3/8" fry hiding in the rocks.  I am not sure how well they'll ship but they need a home too.

Let me know if you're interested in any of these as well and we can work out a deal.  If I don't get interest here my next step is AquaBid!

Thanks

Bill Vannerson

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: Available. Procatopus similis "muyuka"
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2022 at 12:44pm

Bill,

I'm a 100% interested in the entire lot.  I have an empty 55 gallon tank and I can set it up with the right water composite and temperature.  Let me know estimated shipping costs. 

Destination is Afton, MN 55001

Best wishes,

Jim Langan

IP Logged

Bill Vannerson

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2022 at 3:08pm

Jim, when you say "whole lot," you're referring to just the similis, correct? 

I'll figure out an estimated shipping.  I don't ship much so I'll be ball parking it.  It cost about $30 for next day UPS when I received them from Wet Spot.  So it'll likely be similar to that. Do you have a preferred shipper.  I'm near Orlando so I have access to them all within a short drive.

Thanks

IP Logged

Matt Kaufman
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 6:03am

Might've wanted to use the auction site?

IP Logged

Bill Vannerson

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 7:11am

I thought I was in the right spot based on the forum name "Killifish Classified Ads."  I don't breed hence I don't sell often (I typically reach out to local club members first.) 

Can you remind me how to locate the auction site?

Jim, if I missed it I am sure other may as well, unless I am uniquely stupid! ...no comments please!!!  Smiley  Perhaps this forum should be dissolved to avoid confusion.

Thanks

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2022 at 8:41am

Bill

I'm interested in the procatapus.  In the upper left of the AKA homepage in most visited you will find the AKA Auction website link and you are then able to create an account and list your killies.  If you are able to set a price acceptable to yourself, I'll buy the entire group of procatapus.

I hope this helps,

Jim

IP Logged

Bill Vannerson

Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2022 at 8:40am

Jim,

I sent an email to the address for you on the online roster.  But I have not received a reply so perhaps it's old?  Anyway, please contact me at wgv@att.net to make arrangements. Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print