Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...  Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to AKA but Canadian ? (Read 2103 times)
Jak Thatcher
Ex Member

New to AKA but Canadian ?
Jan 19th, 2021 at 4:22am

Hi my name is jak and im new to kilies, i currently keep shelldweller chilids such and multifaciatas and brevis and i am wanting to branch out only problem is Canada dosent seem to have much of a killifish society,or many killifish for that matter at all ?
i currently live in vancouver  canada, just across the border from seattle washington, hope everyone is well

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: New to AKA but Canadian ?
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 7:46am

Jak,

There is a very active Vancouver club, Bill & Jean S... are the contacts.  You can find their contact information in our membership roster, available to you in the Member's Area, after logging into the website. They will be able to help you locate some killi species.

I hope this helps,

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Andrea Benjamin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2021 at 9:54pm

I'm also new and Canadian but in Eastern Ontario.  It's not easy finding these fish in this country but the beginner species are not impossible to get.  You might want to check out facebook groups, some of them are pretty active and there's a pretty big presence in Vancouver.  In the spring or summer, try checking out aquabid.  you won't find any Canadian listings in the winter but there are a few breeders who sell in the warmer months.

IP Logged

Russell Feilzer

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2021 at 10:34pm

I'm not sure if Richard Sexton is still in Ontario but he used to breed many killifish in the past.  I don't have his contact info but maybe someone on here might.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print