Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Enjoy vour visit to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...

To be able to post in our FORUMs, you must be an AKA member... Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New AKA Auction Website Experience(s) (Read 4203 times)
John Harris
Ex Member

New AKA Auction Website Experience(s)
Apr 24th, 2020 at 3:13pm

When the auction section went live, I decided to purchase a Trio of Aphyoseimeon louessense Kingoum [RPC-78-33]. The listing was originally for a pre-purchase assuming to test out the functionality of the auction section. I'm happy to report, as a buyer, the process is fairly simple to put in a bid or a buy-it-now price. Registration was easy and just took administration approval to activate.

Transactions was and should be completed through paypal's purchased item option (not "gift") and with a late April ship date, I had a little time to prep a tank and transfer a cycled sponge filter into it with a nest of java moss and najas grass.

Jim Langan was the seller and got in touch with me via email when the time was right to ship the fish. He was able to give me the conditions the fish were currently being kept under, feeding schedule and more.  They arrived professionally packed with one fish per bag.

They're now exploring their new surrounds. Thanks again Jim!
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2020 at 1:06pm by James Langan »  

IP Logged

Jon Morgan
Ex Member

Re: New auction section experience
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2020 at 8:20pm

I had a very similar experience as Mr. Harris had. I purchased a pair of Fp.gardneri.nigerianus.Innidere from Jim and had a great experience.

Registering and navigating around the auction was easy. The fish arrived in great condition and they were professionally packed. I will definitely be participating in the auction again in the very near future.

IP Logged

Gil Rosenthal
Ex Member

Re: New auction section experience
Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 4:17pm

I bought some auction fish from Jim Langan too, my first killiesafter a few years! A lively subadult pair of A. australe, keeping them in hard water per Jim's instructions. They are eating heartily.

IP Logged

fred ward
Ex Member

Re: New AKA Auction Website Experience(s)
Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 12:48pm

I recently bid on some gardneri, from 5102... had the winning
bid but have received no confirmation?

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: New AKA Auction Website Experience(s)
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 5:38pm

AKA5102 is on vacation right now bid closed over the weekend, I am certain you will hear from him very soon.

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print