Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Our online Killifish Auction is now available to the public...
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeking Killifish Eggs (Read 4006 times)
Ken Murch

Seeking Killifish Eggs
Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:24pm

Hello,

I am new to keeping killies and I have had bad luck with purchasing eggs overseas off eBay.  Some never arrived, others did not hatch, and my one successful hatch seems to be an unknown Notho. species. 

I am looking to purchase eggs from beginners species, such as F. Gardneri.  I have a slight preference for non-Notho species so I don't accidentally crossbreed the ones I hatched.  I am open to suggestions for eggs and I'm looking to pass some time during the COVID 19 lockdown in California. 

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Geoffrey Cunningham
YaBB Newbies

Re: Seeking Killifish Eggs
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2020 at 11:44am

Hi Ken:

Did you find gardneri eggs?

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2020 at 10:04am

Ken

Look at the general messages above on our auction site in the "Main AKA Discussion Board", live delivery (US domestic) is guaranteed.  I've listed, sold and delivered several pairs of killies myself, and I know of several other quality and reputable breeders listing various killies now.  I am certain you'll find what you are seeking.

Best wishes,

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Ken Murch

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 10:41am

Thanks Jim,

I have not seen any eggs for sale/auction but I would be delighted to buy them when offered. I saw a few listings for live fish (pairs and individuals) in the newsletter, but I am more interested in eggs.  I’ll keep an eye out for Gardneri or other non-annual eggs in the forums and on next months newsletter.

Ken

IP Logged

Ken Murch

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 4:06pm

Update: I purchased some Fp. Scheeli eggs from Tyrone Genade in late May.  I'm happy to report the eggs arrived in excellent condition and I am into the second week of rearing the fry on brine shrimp, vinegar eels, and moina.

IP Logged

Kris Haggblom
BOT_Viewonly

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2020 at 1:13pm

excellent news, Ken! nice fish

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print