Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Enjoy vour visit to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...

To be able to post in our FORUMs, you must be an AKA member... Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Madagascar Killies wanted (Read 1929 times)
John Harris
Ex Member

Madagascar Killies wanted
Dec 6th, 2019 at 9:00am

There's been interest on facebook from concerned hobbyists to help expand existing fish populations from Madagascar. Some Killifish from Madagascar are on the red list. I'm posting this here to let AKA members know that don't use the facebook platform that there are hobbyists looking for Madagascar Killies. I'm trying to drive some traffic to the AKA as a result.

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: Madagascar Killies wanted
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:22pm

You should directly contact Charlie Nunziata, Chairman of the AKA Killifish Conservation Committee for his guidance on your species searches.

I hope this helps, Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

John Harris
Ex Member

Re: Madagascar Killies wanted
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 3:37pm

James Langan wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:22pm:
You should directly contact Charlie Nunziata, Chairman of the AKA Killifish Conservation Committee for his guidance on your species searches.

I hope this helps, Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

Thanks Jim. Yes, I have contacted Mr. Nunziata and put him in touch with Jim Cummings whose helping to organize the group on facebook. It's all very preliminary and the group's main focus is to share information about threatened Madagascar fish species and provide a network of communication on the facebook platform to bring awareness to the situation and help people already keeping populations of these fish in touch with conservation programs. I know the AKA has such an organization so I thought a post about it here would help if anyone was a member working with these endangered fish but isn't typically on facebook.

But, yeah. I emailed charlie about it and he's aware.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print