Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Enjoy vour visit to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...

To be able to post in our FORUMs, you must be an AKA member... Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fish Room Air Systems (Read 4718 times)
James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Fish Room Air Systems
Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:29am

Good Evening Everyone

I am considering a purchase of a linear air pump Jehmco system for my fish room. I am seeking some feedback from member's who own such a system. I am considering an LPH80 or LPH100 for purchase to use in my fish room.  I am seeking an average mean time to failure, parts availability and over performance information including power consumption.

Please let me know your experiences.

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Russell Feilzer

Re: Fish Room Air Systems
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2018 at 3:57pm

I have one, can't remember exactly which model, that has been operating for at least 20 years without any problems.  The only maintenance I've experienced is occasional cleaning of the air input filter.  Mine runs approximately 60 sponge filters with plenty of spare capacity.  Go for it!

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 9:01am

Thanks Russ,

I did buy one and I do like it, very quiet...  JP Langan

IP Logged

Medric J. Magann
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 5:13pm

I've seen pictures of these air set ups on this AKA galleries. How many feet can you run the line that you tap into ? It's what 1 1/4 inch PVC ? Do you glue it with PVC solvent ?

IP Logged

Kris Haggblom
BOT_Viewonly

Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2019 at 5:43pm

In my old fish room I used a linear air pump - don't remember what brand, but it most definitely was not quiet, so I installed it in a far room. The run was about 50' of 1 1/4" pvc to the fish room and then into a manifold made from 1/2" pvc to distribute around the room (about 60 2.5 gallons, 30 30 gallons, and a mish-mash of other tanks and containers). All the pvc was glued, but the individual airline taps were all metal threaded, wrapped with teflon tape and screwed into slightly smaller drilled holes. Worked great for fifteen years.

IP Logged

Medric J. Magann
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Thank you. That tells me everything I wanted to know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print