Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Our online Killifish Auction is now available to the public...
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exotischen Zierfische in Wort und Bild (Read 5385 times)
Albert J. Klee
Ex Member

Exotischen Zierfische in Wort und Bild
Dec 24th, 2017 at 10:06am

In 1914 the Vereinigten Zierfisch-Züchtereien (United Ornamental Fishbreeders), a commercial consortium of aquarists in Rahnsdorfer Mühle and previously in Conradshöhe, both districts of Berlin, published the 352-page book, Exotischen Zierfische in Wort und Bild (Exotic ornamental fishes in Words and Pictures). The organization described itself as being the “Main Headquarters for imports with the biggest selection, and rarest fish novelties and aquatic plants.” The book - over 100 years old - apparently is quite rare, the only known  copy being that held by the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum, Division of Fishes, although copies from this Institution are available from various sources here and in Germany.

Any aquarist interested in obtaining a copy of Exotischen Zierfische in Wort und Bild as well as a copy of my English translation of the egglaying killifish portion can download them from my DropBox using the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/y9fv7nqo

The download box for each of the two files is on the right with three dots in it. Click on  it and select Download.

Albert J. Klee
December 23, 1917

« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2019 at 4:08pm by James Langan »  

IP Logged

Matt Kaufman
Global Moderator

Re: Exotischen Zierfische in Wort und Bild
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2017 at 7:57am

Thanks for the great Xmas present, Dr. Klee!
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2019 at 2:37pm by James Langan »  

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 2:49pm

Mr. Klee,

Thanks very much for sharing this publication and your English translation.  Fascinating article.

Jim Langan, AKA webmaster

IP Logged

Andy Jameson
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:30pm

I too wish to thank you very much for sharing these files, Dr. Klee.   Especially appreciated is all the effort you put in to translating it for English speakers!   

IP Logged

Scott Graner
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 11:05pm

Thanks Dr. Klee for introducing me to this German book. I read German and have been especially enjoying reading thru the original.

IP Logged

Jenn
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 7:08am

Thank you for the translation. I just downloaded this and hope to get the opportunity to read it this afternoon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print