Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Enjoy vour visit to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...

To be able to post in our FORUMs, you must be an AKA member... Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Confusion as to location of my fish (Read 3718 times)
Tina Ronald
Ex Member

Confusion as to location of my fish
Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:27am

I bought my Blue Gularis from a breeder and have since bred about 20 pairs.  When folks ask for a location I don't know how to answer.   All of the information I have that they are Fundulopanchax sjoestedti Blue Gularis.  Do I say they are aquarium strain or no location?  I know that he bought his from a chairman of the AKA.  When I enter them into a show what do I put on the entry.  I am new to this so any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:31pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Jacqueline Kostich

wisconsin
Re: Confusion as to location of my fish
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 4:26pm

Yes, they would be considered "aquarium strain" if you do are not certain of the location.  You might also contact your breeder in case he knows the location. 

When entering in shows, they would either go under "aquarium strain" or "no location"; I think the AKA online form abbreviates it to "NoLoc" or something like that.

IP Logged

Tina Ronald
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Thank you for the quick reply.  I have been  reading everything I can.

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:56pm

Tina,

I wrote the AKA fish registration program for the Annual Convention, when you go to register your species, you'll be prompted through the registration of each fish with menus.

For fish you are uncertain as to the collected location, you will use "noLoc" in the location field.  Most likely 20-25% of the fish registered use "noLoc".  It's best to use "noLoc" than having the fish confused accidentally with a known location and contaminate the species line.

I hope this helps, Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print