Welcome, Guest
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Welcome to the American Killifish Association FORUMs...  Please Join the AKA!
  HomeHelpSearchReturn to AKA Homepage  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
great update to forums! (Read 7289 times)
Jeff Webb
Ex Member

great update to forums!
May 12th, 2017 at 6:50pm

Hey all,
I just wanted to say that the update to forums is amazing! I joined the AKA a few months ago, but never spent any time on the forums because it wouldn't let me log in. Now I can log in and everything renders properly. Fantastic!

Thanks for all the hard work,
Jeff

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Re: great update to forums!
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2017 at 8:57pm

I took longer than expected, however, we wanted the accounting seamless with our membership logins and access.  We wanted the in out tabs to return to the AKA member's area, and logins with AKA and a secured password.  Another goal was for non AKA member's to see the posts but not be able to post.

I appreciate your post thank you for using our new FORUMs.

Jim Langan, Webamster

IP Logged

Lee Summers
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 3:50pm

Now if we can figure out how to get more AKA members to use it... lol

IP Logged

Paul Price
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:41pm

I want to echo the point made that I love the new forum look and the ease of finding things.

Hats off and a bouquet to the Admin team.

My only wish is that these forums were more active. Some do not have any posts and some have the latest posts as of August 2017.

Paul Price

IP Logged

Mustafa Ucozler
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:56pm

Yes, we definitely need more activity. One issue seems to be that the "check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic" radio button doesn't really notify you when someone replies. So if you make a post and wait for emails to arrive notifying you of replies you can literally wait forever. That's of course not the main reason for inactivity, but it's a contributing factor. If that were fixed it would help a lot.

IP Logged

James Langan
YaBB Administrator
BOT Member

Afton, Minnesota
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 11:53pm

Mustafa

To date you are the only one who has tried this feature.  Unfortunately this will not work for some time beacuase the AKA email system doesn't support it.

Jim Langan, AKA Webmaster

IP Logged

Mustafa Ucozler
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 1:23pm

Hi Jim,

I'm just trying to help, that's all. That's the only reason I mention things that aren't functioning in this forum or on the website. It's highly likely that others tried or used this feature too (but didn't say anything) as this has been a standard feature of forums for literally decades now.
I'm looking forward to when it is functional.

Mustafa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print